The effects of aging often grab a hold of a person and alter the appearance of his or her body. Due to loss of skin elasticity, unwanted sagging can develop that is unflattering and annoying. One of the most common areas affected by weight loss or aging is the buttocks. Many patients complain that time and gravity have caused their buttocks to lose volume and shape. A buttock lift is a procedure designed to improve the appearance of the buttocks by lifting it into a more youthful and attractive position. As demand for the buttock lift procedure increases, body contouring continues to improve in technology, paving the way for several options that are safe and effective.
Benefits of Buttock Lift Surgery
- Improves the shape of the buttocks
- Increases the size of the buttocks
- Creates more shapely body contours
- Corrects asymmetry of the buttocks
- Someone who is unsatisfied with the shape and/or size of their buttocks may be a good candidate for buttock augmentation.
- Have always had a butt that is too small for your body frame
- Have lost volume and shape due to weight fluctuation
- Have lost skin elasticity and are left with loose, sagging buttock cheeks
- Traditional buttock lift: When a patient is satisfied with the size of their buttocks but would like to improve the shape by correcting loose, sagging skin, a traditional buttock lift can be performed. Dr. Roussalis will remove excess, sagging skin and fat from the upper section of the buttocks and tighten and lift the remaining tissue into a more youthful position. The incision will be placed in an inconspicuous area, making it easily hidden by clothing and swimwear. Liposuction can be performed to reduce the size of the buttocks if needed.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: For patients who would like to add volume and shape to the buttocks while also eliminating fat from another area of the body, a Brazilian Butt Lift can be performed. This procedure uses fat grafting, which involves liposuction to remove fatty tissue from areas with excess fat, such as the abdomen, hips, back, or thighs. The fat is cleaned and purified and then injected into syringes. The harvested fat is strategically injected into the buttocks to add volume and restore shape.
- Buttock implants: Individuals who have flat, poorly defined buttocks and minimal excess fat elsewhere on the body may be good candidates for buttock implants. Incisions may be made along the top of the buttocks, toward the bottom of the gluteal creases, hidden in the crease of either butt cheek, or down the center of the sacrum (the crease between the buttocks). Soft, silicone buttock implants are placed through a pocket created below the gluteal muscle or above the pelvic bone.
- Patients are instructed to wear a special garment to keep the buttock area compressed and secured in place. Some pain and discomfort are normal following surgery.
- The first two weeks, patients should avoid physical activities such as walking, running, and standing.
- t is important that patients stay rested and avoid putting too much pressure on the buttocks, especially sitting for a prolonged time.
- Patients will experience some residual swelling for two to eight weeks.
- Most patients can return to work and normal activities within 10 to 14 days for fat grafting and two to three weeks following buttock implant surgery.
- The results from buttock lift surgery are meant to be permanent; however, weight fluctuations and aging can have an effect on the original results from surgery.
- t is important that patients maintain a healthy lifestyle by incorporating a nutritious diet and regular exercise regimen for the best results.
- Overall, patients can expect to achieve more shapely, firmer buttocks that are flattering to the rest of the body contours.